Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Crafternoon In Isolation Challenge #10 - Travel


When I could no longer hold my fortnightly 'Crafternoon' classes in person, I created a private Facebook group for my ladies where we could share news and projects while we were in isolation.
To keep the creative juices flowing, I started a weekly challenge in which everyone can participate and post their projects on our private group. The weekly winner is drawn using a random number generator and receives a small spot prize with their next class kit.
The challenges have been very popular and the group has produced many very creative and innovative projects so I have decided to continue doing them even though we are now no longer in isolation.
Once I have set the theme for the challenge, I create a project to start us off. For this week's theme 'Travel', I chose to make a card using the Timeless Tropical stamp set and dies.
Although we are no longer in isolation, our borders are still closed which means we can't travel outside Western Australia. As it is winter here, I find myself longing for warm sandy beaches, palm trees, tropical fruits and cocktails.
So as I can't physically be there, I thought I'd make a card instead!


On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I first sponged a background using Soft Suede for the sand, Coastal Cabana for the ocean and Pacific Point for the sky. I layered this onto a card base of Thick Whisper White cardstock.
I then stamped the palm trees in Soft Suede ink and coloured the branches using the Light Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends. The frangipanis and pineapples were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured using Calypso Coral, Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends. I cut them out using the coordinating dies.
For the 'Cocktail' I used the mason jar from the Jar Of Flowers stamp set. I stamped the jar on a piece of Vellum in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and punched the image out with the Jar Punch. I coloured the reverse side of the image with the Dark Daffoldil Delight Stampin' Blends. I used another image from the Jar Of Flowers stamp set for the drinking straw and cut it out by hand.
The lemon slice was drawn by hand using the Daffoldil Delight Stampin' Write Marker.
For the sentiment 'Aloha', I wanted to achieve a 3-D look so I firstly die cut it in Basic Black cardstock and then adhered a piece of Whisper White cardstock to a piece of the brand new Foam Adhesive Sheets and die cut this before placing it over the Basic Black piece.


The matching beach bag was made using the Best Dressed Dies

Products used are available in my Online shop here 


Product List



No comments:

Post a Comment