Saturday, September 26, 2020

Social Stamping Blog Hop - Baby

 


 Hello again and welcome to the Social Stamping Blog Host where I am joined by a group of talented crafters from around Australia and New Zealand.

The group was started by my lovely friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator Kelly Kent as a way of keeping connected, creating and sharing while we are all being socially distant.

You may have arrived from seeing Chantell's gorgeous creation but if you started here, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of this post to continue hopping.

The theme Kelly has chosen for us this month is 'Baby'.

I recently received a custom order for a baby mobile which I originally created a couple of years ago with the theme 'Hot Air Balloons' and the colour scheme white, mint and grey. Luckily I still had all the supplies which I had originally used although these have mostly retired in the meantime.



I stamped and die cut various pieces with the 'Lift Me Up' stamp set and matching 'Up and Away' dies. After folding them through the middle, I adhered the pieces together with Tombow wet glue. For the delicate see-through pieces, I adhered the cardstock to adhesive sheets before die-cutting them which made adhering the pieces together much easier.


For the large balloons I used six segments and for the smaller ones I used seven. I first prepared all of the balloons without adhering the last segment together. I then placed a strip of Tear 'n' Tape through the middle of each balloon. Then I took long pieces of nylon thread and adhered the balloons to these with the Tear 'n' Tape. Once the balloons were attached to the nylon thread, I adhered the last segments together.
 
I punched out some clouds with the Tree Builder punch and adhered two of them together to the nylon thread with Tear 'n' Tape.
 
To hang the mobile I used 38cm wooden craft hangers which I purchased from Spotlight and painted white.
 
 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project today. Click the 'Next' button to see what my very talented friend Sandra from New Zealand has created for you.

 


 

Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today. If you get lost or if there's a broken link, you can find a link to the next blog in Kelly's main post here

 


8 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Wow. Stunning project and thank you so very much for the amazing hints and tips for putting this together! I love these soft colour choices and the clouds are so perfect with the whole project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mobile. This would look amazing in any baby’s room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea! I have this bundle and hadn’t thought of making a mobile. Thank you for sharing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mobile is amazing Denise, the recipient will love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So magical!!! There's something so classic and timeless about those colours and theme! Sure to be enjoyed for many years to come! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful gift and a lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love! Fabulous idea and a lovely gift for any new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That is stunning Denise. Beautiful and a work of art. x

    ReplyDelete