Saturday, November 28, 2020

Social Stamping Blog Hop - Merry and Bright

 

Hello again and welcome to the Social Stamping Blog Host where I am joined by a group of talented crafters from around Australia and New Zealand.

The group was started by my lovely friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator Kelly Kent as a way of keeping connected, creating and sharing while we are all being socially distant.

You may have arrived from seeing Sheila's gorgeous creation but if you started here, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of this post to continue hopping.

The theme Kelly has chosen for us this month is 'Merry & Bright'.

I decided to do an Australian Christmas themed card. However, on reflection, Frosty's Christmas Day may not have been so merry and bright lol!

 When I saw the 'Frosty The Snowman' image in the 'Don't Stop Believin' stamp set, I immediately had the vision of him melting on the beach here in Oz.

The 'Sending Sunshine' stamp set enabled me to easily create the beach background for him.

The sentiment in the stamp set is actually "Sadly....Frosty's first hot cocoa turned out to be his last" but I wanted to create my own sentiment to suit the theme.

I created the two-lined sentiment on my computer and printed it onto Whisper White cardstock in Real Red using the RGB codes to get the correct colour. I then took the original stamp and inked up the word 'Sadly....' with my Stampin' Write Marker and stamped it onto the printed sentiment.

Products used are available to purchase from my Online Shop here

Product List

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project today. Click the 'Next' button to see what my very talented friend Catherine has created for you.


 

Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today. If you get lost or if there's a broken link, you can find a link to the next blog in Kelly's main post here

Participant List

  1. Kelly Kent
  2. Elizabeth Gross
  3. Lisa Whitehead
  4. Lou Kitzelman
  5. Julia Quinn
  6. Michelle Strazds
  7. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
  8. Andrea Sargent
  9. Sandra Collett
  10. Jan McQueen
  11. Sheila Pybus
  12. Denise Buetler   (you are currently here)
  13. Catherine Creer

 

 

5 comments:

  1. YOu are soooo clever!! I love this!! THe humour is awesome and your scenery stamping is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Denise. Poor Frosty - he can't win, whether is hot cocoa or Australia's hot sun. You went to so much trouble to create the sentiment - You have don't an amazing job. So love your colouring too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s awesome Denise-There’s no place for snowmen to hide in Australia at Christmas time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun Denise and whilst maybe not a great day for Frosty, made me laugh 😂! I do also love the scene you’ve created and the lovely green fronds that are such a great frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you’ve made this into an Australian Christmas card. Very clever. Great card even though it probably isn’t Frosty’s best day.

    ReplyDelete