Wednesday, March 29, 2023

JAI#645 - No Stamping Challenge

The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to create a project without using stamps.



I recently had a request to re-create an Octonaut birthday card which I made quite a while ago.

It's been ages since I've done any Punch Art so this week's challenge was a great motivation to get all my long retired (but still always well used) punches out and make the card.

I had no word dies small enough to fit the card, so I created the sentiment on my computer and printed it out using the RGB code for Pacific Point (R0 G117 B181) to match the Stampin' Write Marker I had used on the collars.

I used a multitude of punches and dies to create Captain Barnacles, Kwazii and Peso. 

After I had downloaded the Octonaut Logo, I printed it out and then punched/die cut it out for the hats.

Once I had created my characters, I cut a piece of Whale Done Designer Series Paper and layered it onto a piece of Pool Party cardstock.

I then die cut three circles and adhered the piece to the front of my Pool Party card base.
The characters were mounted on Dimensionals and adhered inside the die-cut circles.

If you would like to join in the Just Add Ink challenges, head over to their blog here.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Denise! Love your punchart Octonauts and fun design. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. Nikki-JAI design team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome punch art - this must have taken you some time to create. A wonderful theme.....reminded me of this program that I had forgotten. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete