Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Colour Inkspiration #CI59 - Guest Designer


I recently won Colour Inkspiration challenge #CI57 and was delighted to be invited to join the design team as guest designer for their inspiration blog hop for #CI59.
You can see my winning card here


The Colour Inkspiration Design Team match up Stampin' Up! colours to photos chosen from Pinterest to create a colour palette which is to be used to create a project.
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month a new colour palette is uploaded and the Design Team provide inspiration with a blog hop.


When I received the colours for this challenge, I immediately thought winter scene, then I thought maybe nautical but finaly ended up with something completely different......


I decided to create a masculine card (we never have enough of them) and used a sentiment rather than an image for inspiration.
The card base is a piece of Early Espresso cardstock 21 x 14.85cms scored at 10.5 cms.
Onto this I layered a piece of Early Espresso cardstock 14.35 x 10 cms which I stamped with the background stamp set Birch in Early Espresso ink. Before adhering the layer, I placed a small brad in the centre towards the top to 'hang' my wall art on.
I then embossed a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 11 x 8.5 cms with the Pinewood Planks 3D folder. I sponged the planks with Smoky Slate, Seaside Spray and Early Espresso ink and then cut them into individual pieces.


Using the masking technique, I then stamped each plank with a line of the sentiment using Early Espresso ink.
Next I punched 2 holes at either end of the planks 1.2 cms in from the edge.
I threaded a piece of Nature's Twine through the holes starting with the lowest hole on the left, which I secured with a knot, and then working my way up to the top leaving enough twine to 'hang' the wall art and then continuing down the right side which I again secured with a knot at the bottom.
I then randomly trimmed the planks and attached them to the Early Espresso stamped layer with Dimensionals.


Product List
Colour challenges really are a great way to kick start your creativity. If you'd like to join the fun, click here to be redirected to the Colour Inkspiration Facebook page where you can request to join the group and upload your creation.

Click on the 'Next' button below to keep hopping and see all the projects created by the team.
Next up is the amazingly talented Kelly Kent with a beautiful card using the gorgeous Seaside Notions stamp set.




8 comments:

  1. oh this is AWESOME!! love love love love. The individual planks for the greeting is a brilliant idea and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cardb Denise! A great idea for that stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous look with the planks, words and that chunky twine knotted at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Denise! This is superb! What a clever way to use a large sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the individual planks for each word. This is such a good idea for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knocked this one out of the park Denise! Thanks for being part of the hop!! Kelly c

    ReplyDelete