Sunday, August 25, 2019

ESAD 2019 Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peek Blog Hop


Today I have joined up with 24 other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators to showcase products from the new 2019 Holiday Catalogue which will be available from the 4th September 2019. If you haven't already got yours yet and live in Australia, contact me for your free copy.
You may have arrived from seeing Rochelle's gorgeous creation but if you started here, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of this post to continue hopping. Make sure you visit everyone - there are lots of great projects and you won't want to miss any!



As I looked through the new catalogue, one of the first things that went on my wishlist was the Mini Curvy Keepsakes Box Dies. Those who know me well, know that I love boxes and 3D projects. When I saw this cute little box, a whole list of possible projects to use it for sprang to mind. Think Table Treats, Baby Shower & Wedding Favours, Halloween Treats, Easter Treats and Teacher Gifts to name a few.
I decided to make an Advent Calendar (Christmas Countdown) and hung the boxes on a little tree which sits perfectly on our entertainment unit.




I used the new Wrapped In Plaid patterned paper which has 48 6" x 6" sheets per packet - 2 each of 24 designs so absolutely perfect for my boxes numbered 1 to 24. For the 25th box I used Gold Foil which I embossed with the fabulous new 3D Hammered Metal Embossing Folder.




The boxes are super quick to make as they are cut from 1 die and require no adhesive. I cut 2 at a time with my Big Shot. The die creates score lines ready to fold.
 Tip: if you are using Designer Series Paper it is better not to use a Bone Folder to burnish the score lines to avoid 'cracking' the paper!
Once I had folded the score lines, I gently curved all four sides with my Bone Folder.
I then closed the box leaving one side open. I adhered the little branches with a glue dot and attached the label to the box with Whisper White Baker's Twine which I coloured to match the papers using my Blends. I then closed the fourth side of the box.
Tip: by attaching the label before closing the fourth side, it enables the box to be opened (to retrieve the treat) and closed without removing the label!




The little stitched labels and branches are cut from dies which come with the Curvy Keepsakes Box die.
I used Wink Of Stella to make the branches sparkle. For the numbers I used Shimmery White cardstock which I first sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Paint mixed with Isocol (rubbing alcohol) to give it extra sparkle and then stamped the numbers using the Make A Difference stamp set. I punched out the numbers using the 1/2" Circle Punch and attached them to the label with Mini Dimensionals.

Although the boxes are only small, they can be filled with a wide variety of treats. here are some of the ones I used.



All products used are available to purchase from my Online Shop here (Holiday Catalogue products will be available from 4th September 2019


Product List

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project and have lots of fun creating your own!



Next up is the very talented Rebecca Scurr who I'm sure has an inspiring project to show you.
Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today. If you get lost or if there's a broken link, you can find a link to the next blog in the list of participants below.




12 comments:

  1. Cute idea for an advent calendar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love all your mini curvey keepsakes on the tree. Great work. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea for an advent calendar. And thanks for testing all the various goodies to fit inside - looks like you took your research seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea? I also love how you've shared what you've popped inside them. Gives us a really good idea of the actual size

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, this is such a clever idea. I love the Gold Foil Embossed 25th box, just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so busy, your tree is just so cute!! I love how one packet of DSP can go so far and work so differently on the same project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow how cute are they, wants going to get them, however now I am...………..cute cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Denise! This is just so adorable and terribly clever. I just love this. Uh oh! Now I need this die too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is such a cute idea Denise, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are those boxes!! I was trying to resist these dies but you have convinced me otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Denise, this is FABULOUS! I just love this idea. I hadn't appreciated just how cute those little boxes are and since you mentioned they'd be great for making little gifts for teachers etc now I need to get it for making end of the year class gifts for the kids. I love the way you've also used all the patterns from that DSP pack. Superb project!!

    ReplyDelete