Monday, June 24, 2019

Colour Inkspiration Challenge #CI57


Colour Inkspiration is a twice monthly Facebook-based colour challenge. You don't have to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator or have a blog - anyone who is on Facebook can join in.
Here's how the challenges work -
The Colour Inkspiration design team is made up of a group of very talented Stampin' Up! demonstrators who match up Stampin' Up! colours to photos chosen from Pinterest to create a colour palette which is to be used to create a project.
Every 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month a new colour palette is uploaded and the Design Team provide inspiration with a blog hop.
During a 12 day period you can upload your own creations to the Facebook page using the colour palette provided.
Challenge winners are given the opportunity to join the Design Team Blog Hop for a future challenge.


This is the inspiration photo and colour palette for #CI57. As well as the chosen colour combination of Lovely Lipstick, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green, we are allowed to add Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake and Metallics.


I used the First Frost stamp set and dies which were still lying on my craft table from a previous project and which happen to be one of my favourites.
The background which I'm calling 'Blends Colourwash' is a technique which I saw a couple of days ago being demonstrated by a Stampin' Up concept designer. I thought it looked cool so decided to try it myself. You can see the demonstration here.



I used Thick Whisper White cardstock 21 x 14.85 cms scored at 10.5 cms for my card base. I layered this with a piece of Lovely Lipstick cardstock 10.5 x 14.25 cms and then a piece of Whisper White cardstock 9.5 x 13.85 cms which I dry embossed with the Subtle 3D folder.
I then took a piece of Whisper White cardstock 8 x 12.35 cms and 'swooshed' from side to side with my Blends in the challenge colours to form the background colourwash.
I then stamped and die cut various images from the First Frost stamp set and arranged them over my background. I adhered these with wet glue and Dimensionals and intertwined them with gold metallic thread.
I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock which I then fussy cut and adhered with wet glue.
Lastly,I adhered the panel to the dry embossed layer using Dimensionals.

Product List

Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I hope you enjoyed my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment