Saturday, May 2, 2020

Social Stamping - Birthdays In Isolation


Hello and welcome to the Social Stamping Blog Host where I am joined by a whole group of talented crafters from around Australia and New Zealand.

The group was started by my lovely friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator Kelly Kent as a way of keeping connected, creating and sharing while we are all being socially distant.
You may have arrived from seeing Lisa Whitehead's gorgeous creation but if you started here, click the 'Next' button at the bottom of this post to continue hopping.

The theme Kelly has chosen for us this week is 'Birthdays In Isolation'.
My card was created for a very special friend's mum who is going to be spending her birthday next week in isolation.






For this easel card I used the following materials:
Card Base - Whisper White cardstock 14.85cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm & 5.25cm
Best Dressed DSP mats (Old Olive) -  1 piece 14.25cms x 9.9cms and 2 pieces 14.25cms x 4.6cms
Easel Prop - Whisper White cardstock 14.25cms x 2.5cms, Best Dressed DSP 14.25cms x 1.9cms
Book Pages - Lovely Lipstick cardstock - 1 piece 14cms x 10cms, 1 piece 12.9cms x 9cms;
Best Dressed DSP 13.3cms x 9.5cms; Whisper White cardstock 1 piece 12.4cms x 8.5cms

The book pages can be kept straight however I decided to cut mine in a curve to give a more realistic look. I first created templates then used them to cut out my page pieces.



Products used are available from my Online shop here 
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project and have a lot of fun creating your own!

Click the 'Next' button see what my very talented friend and fellow West Australian Stampin' Up! demonstrator Nicole Wilson has created for you



Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today. If you get lost or if there's a broken link, you can find a link to the next blog in Kelly's main post here

Participant list | “Birthdays in Isolation”
  1. Kelly Kent
  2. Lisa Whitehead
  3. Denise Buetler   (you are currently here)
  4. Catherine Creer
  5. Chantell Randall
  6. Mandy Depiazzi

15 comments:

  1. Loving this Denise, what a clever idea. Definitely a card I want to CASE! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love how you've given the pages extra realism. And the colours and papers are just awesome. What a great card, and you've inspired me!! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever Denise! Love the way the pages are 'curled' to look real & the colours are fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented my friend! What a piece of art! I love all the little details that make it look so realistic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of the easel card with the pages/book. It looks realistic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super amazing my friend I’m loving this style of card.... that special person is very lucky to receive this card! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Denise! This is an incredible easel card and so pretty. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been waiting years for someone to make a Bible fold card! Thank You, and God Bless you for answering my prayers. This card is stunning !!! I didn't even stop to see if you told us how to make this card, I was so excited! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you mind showing how you cut your cardstock, with either pictures or a video? As I said earlier, I want to make this card! I would cherish this! Thank you fior even considering my request!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work,Thanks for the measurments. I think my mUm would love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Denise. What a fabulous card. Such a special card to give someone. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Denise! I am loving this easel book card, it looks just so elegant. Your friend's Mum is super lucky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I love this! I have lived books since I was a tiny thing. I'd love to make one for my Sister in Law. I'm a Demo from the US

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is seriously amazing Denise! I'm speechless! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete